Rotation 6 Site Evaluation Reflection

For this rotation I was able to have both of my site evaluations face-to-face on the hospital campus because my evaluator, Michael Rachwalski, PA-C, works on the Trauma Surgery team. In both evaluations I was able to discuss my experience in surgery, including the relatively new change to the rotation so that it included 2 weeks in specialty surgery, including urology, neurosurgery, ENT, and vascular surgery, go over my SOAP notes, and discuss my pharmacology cards.

During the second site visit we also discussed the article that I chose to discuss relevant to my case concerning a patient with vulvar malignancy following a V-Y enhancement flap for vulvar reconstruction. It compared two different flap methods, the one used in the case that I got to be part of, and the lotus petal flap, which neither of us was familiar with.

I really appreciated how great of a learning experience these site evaluations were because, as a trauma surgery PA, Mr. Rachwalski was able to provide really relevant feedback on how to write a proper surgery note, as well as some great advice for the rotation itself.